Whilst we've tried hard to collect together a comprehensive amount of Domesday/AIV resources on this site, there are always some things missing. We also have requirements for general LaserDisc material for the ld-decode project. If you have access to any of the following items please get in touch with us (for documentation either the real thing or a hi-res scan is useful).
If you believe you have Domesday related material or information which is missing from this site, please let us know so it can be included.
Generally, we are always in need of more copies of Domesday related LaserDiscs and hardware (especially copies of Domesday, North Polar Expedition, The City Discs and Volcanoes). Philips VP415 players and Acorn AIV SCSI cards are also useful.
- The BBC Master AIV User Guide (from Acorn) - Update: We now have a high-resolution scan of this, but we're still looking for a real copy
- The City Disc (the discs are titled the Cultural Disc and the Financial Disc) - We are especially in need of Disc 1 of the Financial Disc set which was missing from the copy loaned to the project
- North Polar Expedition
- BBC Volcanoes AIV
- Domesday Data Merge software and documentation
- The Domesday Project - Survey Guide (booklet from the BBC)
British Educational LaserDiscs
There are a number of interactive video related laserdiscs that we are looking for more information on or physical copies (especially if you have access to one of the discs):
- Intersearch Systems Ltd - Auravision Gardening Disc
- Intersearch Systems Ltd - Gardeners Questions Answered Discs
- IVIS Laserdisc - Design
- IVIS Laserdisc - IVAS
- IVIS Laserdisc - Motion
- IVIS Laserdisc - Geography
- IVIS Laserdisc - Challenges
- IVIS Laserdisc - IVIS The Convergent Disc
- IVIS Laserdisc - The School Disco
- IVIS Laserdisc - Missing The Obvious
- IVIS Laserdisc - Design Education IVIS
- IVIS Laserdisc - Siville
- IVIS Laserdisc - Radiation
- BBC Garden Birds
If you have an educational disc (no matter the subject matter or if it was aimed at schools or commercial use) please get in touch with the details.
NTSC Educational LaserDiscs
There are a number of NTSC discs which are interesting including the Apple Multimedia LaserDiscs and LaserDiscs produced by MIT during the 1980s (such as the MIT maps project discs).
The project is in need of calibration discs (especially PAL calibration discs such as the GGV1011) to assist in the repair of Domesday systems. Other discs containing test patterns (both NTSC and PAL) are also required.
The Pioneer LD-V4300D player is especially valuable to the project. If you have a working or non-working player you would be willing to donate, please get in touch.
If you'd like to help the project out financially, then it is always appreciated. Donations are used to fund required hardware, purchase of LaserDisc material and the overall overhead costs of the project. Donations are welcome via PayPal; you can find the donation button on the top-right of this page.